Heaven's Lights Heaven's Lights: Tangled Talk

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tangled Talk


He: did Taleban free the hostages,, the Korean hostages in Afghanistan?


She: Well, as I knew, they only set free two of them, the two sick women,,, I think they did well by this, maybe a good sign that they will free the others.

He: who knows what will happen? You see, They killed two men before.

She: Yeah, I know, I was really sad for them.
She: but, you know what, I'm still blaming them for going there, to Afghanistan, I mean there are many dangerous and unstable places around the world right now,, no one can go there and be safe, even for a good cause, for helping others,, we know we can't go to Afghanistan or Iraq,, there are endless risks there. If they really want to help , they can do it in different ways and without endangering.

He: don't forget that they are Christians and maybe this was a missionary campaign,,, they could be trying to spread Christianity in Afghanistan.

She: I read about that, Yes, they are Christians and as I read they didn't go there for this reason,, and even if we assumed that they planned for that, it isn't a crime, they believe in this religion and they consider it as the right one and they think they have a duty to spread it to the world,,, what about us, Muslims, for example,,, I read about FEW who really helped others with truthful heart and pure intentions, they were a real example for good Muslims.
I remember I found once in a magazine years years ago about a doctor, a female doctor, she was British doctor who believed in her religion, Christianity and decided to go in a missionary. She went to one of poorest Islamic country, Bangladesh, she used to help poor women there and give them treatment and medicine for free and at the same time she talks about Christianity and motivates women to be Christians, but in vain. Until one day, one Muslim poor woman talked with her about Islam, what's Islam and the real teachings of Islam. The British doctor was stunned, she never knew about real Islam and its real teachings. So, she went back to London and started her personal research about Islam and she found out what's Islam and how it is a perfect and unique. Do you know what happened later?
She converted to Islam, and returned to Bangladesh, this time to help her sisters there and support them.


He: Ah, good, but unfortunately, some times that doesn't end this way, I mean some Muslims really converted to Christianity in poor countries.

She: Yeah, I know, but still because of their ignorance and because of " Material Incitation". Still, it isn't a crime, Muslims should be more active and good and really represent Islam correctly.

He: since you love Japan and Korea, what do you think about their support for the wars?.

She: Well, to be honest, I think about this a lot, I'm so upset to read about Japan supporting for wars, I can't imagine Japan goes blindly behind Crazy men to kill and destroy countries and peoples. I mean, they know more than others how wars destroy and ruin nations, they suffered a lot because of wars and by the same crazy men. Even people of USA is against wars. I love to be friends and create wonderful friendly environment, but sure there are some who don't like this idea, they are devils, they only seek for power and money.
As for Korea, I don't think they really support wars, they are good people, I know they are, I remember once that south Koreans and North Koreans reached a good point of their relation, they exchanges flowers and gifts in their borders, but after a while,,,, a "man-made" crisis happened to stop that sweet gesture and not let peace and love spread,,, do you know who created that crisis??? Hah, I guess you already know.


He: *GRIN*
He: okay, still we didn't finish our talk about Muslims, some of them make situations worst by their actions.


She: I know, I think we talked a lot about it, we can't generalize dear, I mean, there are who do individual stupid reckless actions,,, they don't represent Islam or even us, Muslims, we can't be like that.

He: yeah, we know that, but what about how doesn't know any thing about Islam or real normal Muslims.

She: here our roles come, we have to help others to know what's Islam and they should understand that some action have no base or relation with religion.
By the way, I noticed that in Media , western Media, they don't link human actions with the religion except with Islam. Once, I watched program about criminals, they don't link their bad actions with their religions and more than that they try to find an excuse for their bad acts,,, But not with Muslims, they try to magnify individual's acts and link it to Islam,,, I know that some do this in purpose, for that, I hope people in west can read and search for themselves and never trust their misguided Media.


He: Yeah, We hope,,, but don't forget that Muslims can help to spread truths and most of them don't do anything.

She: I know, but we can do help by trying to tell others about us, as normal people and be friends with all people and share interests, we still human, we still carry same feelings regardless our appeared differences.

He: *SMILE* you are still a dreamer.

She: You may say that I'm a dreamer ,,But I'm not the only one ,,I hope someday you'll join us ,,And the world will be as one.
Imagine by John Lennon,,, Oh, I love this song.
*SMILE*

6 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

VERY BEAUTIFUL dear!! I agree that Muslims shoud represent Islam the RIGHT waybut sadly enough this is so far not happening! Islam means to a great extent CONDUCT ... to be a good example is the ONLY WAY to convince those who doubt!
I MISS YOU!!!

8/26/2007 7:34 AM  
Blogger Fætter Vims said...

yes, beautiful. (hallo, Karin)

One might argue that the Koreans were crazy to go to Afghanistan. If a person is convinced, God wants him to do something, it's not always easy for others to understand.

True, some Christians go to poor countries to do missionary work, but others go there simply to do "God's work" and let their actions speak. And some Christians (still) believe in martyrdom. Who can tell ?

But still, even if they _were_ doing missionary work, is it so bad ? Muslims in the West can make all the da'wah they want, nobody's stopping them, Christians should have the same freedom in the ME.

Now, "noticed that in Media , western Media, they don't link human actions with the religion except with Islam" That is true to a degree. I think Muslims themselves are to blame: there was a Pakistani girl in Denmark who was killed by her family . The father said, "my religion demands that I defend the honor of my family" Others say "my religion demands this, my religion demands that" making religion an issue, where others don't.

This - let me clarify - is not true Islam as you and others present it, but misunderstanding.

"Imagine there's no countries
it isn't hard to do
nothing to kill or die for
and no religion too"

yes, beautiful song.

8/28/2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/31/2007 4:16 AM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Hello Dear Karin
I miss you too,, well, so true,, I just need to point this out many times. There are who call themselves Muslims and they do against Islam, or going in wrong direction. They just don't help here to show the essence of Islam.
I hope this will change soon and each one try to fix his/her direction. No one is perfect, but it is essential to try to do the right and avoid wrong.

The good news that they really released the other hostages. I'm happy they let them go finally, but I'm sad for Afghans themselves,,, they still suffering and facing difficulties to live normal life,, same thing with Iraqis.

Hmmm, Halal Hippie, hi,, hope you are fine.
Well, as I said, they are free and not to be blamed for trying to spread what they are believing in.. as I said Muslims also should try to do so, but in gentle way.
Yes, no one can deny such individual acts such honour killing.. I think this also happened in other nations who embracing other religions. This is some old traditions and beliefs, like in the past before Islam, pagan Arabs used to bury their female infants to protect their honor,,, Islam rejected such action and prevented this ugly tradition,, Islam equalized between male and female.

"Imagine there's no countries
it isn't hard to do
nothing to kill or die for
and no religion too"
Hah, I was expected that someone will mention these lines.
I do love this song truly, but not this last line.
I think religion is important in our lives. It is great to feel there is no God but only one God and you can talk to him and believe that he is the nearest one to you, and the most merciful. I think that give us stability and contentment inside somehow.

8/31/2007 4:21 AM  
Blogger Fætter Vims said...

"great to feel there is no God but only one God and you can talk to him and believe that he is the nearest one to you,"

Absolutely! But you can do that without belonging to any religion.

I think, John Lennon was thinking about "countries" and "religion" in the sense that it can be used to scare people: "this other country wants to invade us, those (from other religion) want to kill us"

Karl Marx said "religion is opium for the masses" meaning if church and king use religion to put fear into people, it is oppression. Imagine a world without that.

"imagine no possesions
I wonder if you can
no need for geed or hunger
a brotherhood of man"

Brotherhood of man.... is that not what Islam is all about ?

9/06/2007 2:54 PM  
Blogger Tristan Vick said...

I should comment on the 'Japanese comment'.

For the record Japan isn't supporting the war. If you follow the U.N. reports Japan has sent in it's "Self Defense Force" into the Middle East regions for 'aid and medical support'.

That said, Japan is in the midst of trying to get elected into the United Nations council so that they will have a vote for future U.N. operations. Also, this will ensure that Japan gets U.N. support in case of a crisis with either North Korea or China.

Now, I'm not going to explain all the politics behind that, but some of it does mean supporting the 'armament' of other nations and beefing up Japan's own security. But in order to gain the 'respect' of the Countries who control the U.N. Japan needed to engage in a more active political role globally. Thus their peaceful defense force was dispatched to do clean up and assist in medical, food, and other peaceful projects in the Arab nations of conflict.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a well equipped military with the best technology on the planet. If they are attacked by terrorists or Islamic suicide bombers mistaking them for American or Korean soldiers the Japanese will exercise defensive protocols.

But they are NOT supporting the war. They are giving relief to Arab nations by supplying food and medical supplies.

The quote that Japan is supporting the war does not look at the politics of the world's SECOND strongest superpower and it's need to enter the next era with a sense of future stability in the growing shadow of a mobilizing China.

The Muslim world should be glad that Japan (the one PEACEFUL superpower) is trying to get a seat on the council of the U.N. to help 'govern' and 'lead' future diplomatic, military, and aid operations.

9/13/2007 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home