Heaven's Lights Heaven's Lights: The Good Sort Of Poetry-2

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Good Sort Of Poetry-2


This is an extraordinary poetry for "Imam Ali Bin Abi Taleb". I received it by e-mail a long time ago, it's excellent poetry and I was thinking of translating it to English, but I couldn’t get enough time to do it, besides I think the beauty of this poetry is with the original words, the Arabic words, even if I tried to put the meanings of these words, it will not give you the essence beauty of it, but it's generally about How we should think about this life and How its worthy when its come to end. we must work for this life, but without forgetting our journey afterlife.

Anyway, if any one of my dear visitors can translate the meanings of this wonderful poetry in the same way as it's now, Please put your translation in a comment of this post,
I appreciate it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tristan Vick said...

Yes, please help me to read! I only know English and Japanese. I love Arabic writing, it is beautiful!

4/28/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger arvindh said...

I agree that it is difficult to preserve the beauty of the original in translation. However I would still appreciate your attempt to paraphrase the original in English - Thank you!

4/28/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

well dears, i hope that one of my expert readers will give me a hand and present for this priceless poetry the perfect translation which will keep the beauty of its original words. also, i will try to contact someone expert here to help me use the right and suitable words.

4/29/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Al-Hajeji said...

asalamu alaykum wa rahmat Allah...

Mashah'Allah a good blog you have here uhkti, keep it up!
need a favour:
Can you send the original picture of the poem to me, the size you have here is too small and I cannot click on it to enlarge it.
I have heard of this poem of imam ali (ra). yet I have not read it, as for translating it, I will have to see, as this is a poem, most arabic islamic poems are beautiful and heart warming, it could only be understood in arabic! wa inshah'Allah kheir.

5/02/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Al-Hajeji: thank u twice, for ur comment and for mention the error, i'm really confused and i didn't even notice that visitors can't enlarge the whole pics to the original sizes!!!??? No one even told me! i don't even know how to fix this bcos some pics can enlarge them and other don't, but I will try to fix this error and find a away out!

5/03/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Dear visitor:
Sorry for the error, I still trying to fix this error, but if u want to have the ornigal size of Imam Ali's poetry, go directly to this link:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3792/2466/1600/Poetry-Arabic-ImamAli.jpg



thank u and sorry again.

5/04/2006 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home