Heaven's Lights Heaven's Lights: Why I am Muslim ??!!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Why I am Muslim ??!!


(This confession could be a shock to my friends and maybe to you too, but I'm sure that happened with lots of people and not only me!).

A dear Christian Brother gave me the idea of speaking more deeply about this religious direction.
So, why I'm Muslim?! Yes, because my parents are Muslims and I followed their footsteps, why he is Christian?! for the same reason, and so on with all people of this world. Yet, we were born with no religion in our minds, we were born pure and religion-free 'nature', so we were born alike in every spot in this world, but our parents drag us to be like them and stick to their religion, it is look like a heritage or tradition transferred to us!
But the question is:
Are we certain to be in the same way?
Are we looking to the religion as a tradition, or, a way of life?

I will put myself as an example,
Do you know why?
Because I took my religion for a long long time as a tradition, as a habit that transferred to me by my parents!
My family didn't pressurizing on me to pray, to fast, to wear Hejab "The Head Scarf", or even to read the Holy Koran (but I wore the Hejab later because of the society, and not for the sake of GOD!!!). I was free to do whatever I want but with the limits of morality, I was living without thinking of this life or what is the point of our lives on this earth? . I just kept living aimlessly day by day, imitating actresses and singers, listening to 'Madonna' and other Bands, (I still listening to her old songs though), so no one push me to do something I don't like, I kept wasting my life for years, and I didn't start my searching till my graduating from the College!, I got plenty of time that made me setting down and thinking seriously about this life and why we are here??, why we repeat the same circle that our forefathers did before??? born, study, get high grades, go to good college, get good job, live well and beat the competitors, married, have kids, raising the kids, get old , and die!! That's it!!! The same circle we all do in the whole places!!!!!!
I was confused about our existence on this earth?, so, I started to listen to Holy Koran and then read it 'correctly' and try to find more about real Islam and away from that gloomy and bigot conveners, who drove me away and kept me afraid and loth toward religious people. I found the real meanings of this life and how can I live happily now and in the afterlife. I rediscovered my long-time religion and I felt I'm new Muslim. I didn't change that much, but I got more clear view about life and what I should do, I try to be nice and good, I try to help others and I have plans to help and do good things, not seeking a praise of others, but seeking GOD's love and mercy.
So, it's important to search and convince yourself about your religion and find out more about it to get more satisfaction in your life.
I hope you understood that I'm not religious in that disfigured image (The image that I faced and Kept me away from religion issues), I still as I was before, but I found my peace of mind and I have endless dreams and plans to achieve, I love this life, I love all people, I love to be as good as my GOD wanted me to be. I know GOD put me here to do and achieve things, good things to me and to others, so I hope I will do good deeds that give me GOD's Complacence in the end!

19 Comments:

Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/27/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

attention: if u have anything to say or share, don't hesitate and say what u have, but behave urself and use proper language, u r representing urself and ur people. I welcome anyone even anonymously to share his/her thoughts but with limits of respect. Thank u.

4/28/2006 3:15 AM  
Blogger ho said...

Doing something because you believe in it will give you the best feeling of hapiness in your life , alhamdulilah I was like you befor but now I am muslim because I want to be and I believe in evrythign I do .

4/28/2006 5:15 AM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Thank u dear brother
i'm so happy to share my thoughts with all of u.

4/28/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Tristan Vick said...

It is interesting to hear your side of things!

4/28/2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me following you home - you know from where.

You seem to have chosen Islam out of conviction and not out of commodity. I deeply respect that. I myself have struggled with the protestant Christianity that I come from, it's like a hat that's too small, so I guess that makes me an agnostic.

Those shameful cartoons (and the reactions)that you mention in another posting have brought me out in seek of the "true Islam" : I abslutely refuse to see all Muslims as "gloomy and bigot conveners" .... Your blog is a spark of light.

I'd be grateful if u would care to discuss the cartoons with me. They brought great shame 2 my country, I'm hurt too.

4/28/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Tristan: Yes brother, it's my side, u should know that I was deceived, although I was muslim, but it was only a title like the name, I was so far and kept myself away bcos I thought to be religious like to be in the darker side of this world not the brighter side, I didn't work by myself to find the truth, I believed the common image that spread by bigot people. Like: if u r bad and did sins, GOD will punish u and burn u in hell,,, while the fact in Islam that GOD will accept u all the time whatever u did,((( man asked Prophet Mohammed: if i did a sin will GOD forgive me if i asked for his forgiveness, the prophet replied: yes, the man said again: but what if I did that again will he accept me, the prophet replied: yes, the man said: what if I did it again…., the prophet replied: yes, he will accept u as long as u r seeking his forgiveness, he will not give up in u unless u give up in his forgiveness.)))

4/29/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Ignoramus: u r very welcome anytime (hope u finished ur discussion with T), anyway I wrote about the case of cartoon row in my first serious post, as I said, I'm not that strict religious, I'm so normal, I don't hate Denmark, but SOME people with their malicious interests tried to flame and create what's stupidly called 'conflict' between the civilizations, while the wise people consider that rubbish and there is nothing called 'conflict' but 'adnation/merging '. In the west, as I noticed, there is less respect to holy people (as I told Tristan) I found shameful cartoon imaging MOSES, and I found more which I can't talk about, nasty cartoons mocking in God's messengers, mocking in noble men suffered to spread GOD's word, suffered to complete their Holy Mission. This is long before the cartoon row about Prophet Mohammed and even before my rediscovering my own Pure and Perfect religion, and even thought I was hurt and I was too mad bcos we r respecting and dignifying all prophets and refuse to imaging them in anyway,,

I never said that all muslims are "gloomy and bigot conveners", but some of conveners in the past used dark style to introduce our pure religion, they terrorized people instead of attracting them!!, they disfigured the Real Islam, but the new conveners touched me with their right way to tell the Real Islam and to say openly and cheerfully "don't give up, GOD will always accept u and his mercy that covering this earth from the start to end is only 1 mercy and in the Day Of Judgment there are 99 mercies + 1 mercy of this earth will cover all people in that Day", this is the right way that give u Hope and Light to live happily… Right?

4/29/2006 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

""don't give up, GOD will always accept u and his mercy that covering this earth from the start to end is only 1 mercy and in the Day Of Judgment there are 99 mercies + 1 mercy of this earth will cover all people in that Day", this is the right way that give u Hope and Light to live happily… Right?"

Right! These words could be Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, anything. It shows you have faith above religion. Bless you.

cya

4/30/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Ignoramus... Thank u
i'm happy u r agree!

5/01/2006 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"rediscovering my own Pure and Perfect religion"

Sounds like a cleaning-aid product... I think you sound like religious moron - hey, but a happy one, and thats not a small thing!
Could you put the cleaning-aid-religion to Bin Laden, maybe he could use some of your angellight to shed a new path for him, in the religion of intolerance?!

5/03/2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Anonymous, u r really well raised person, GOD bless ur family and ur church for this good manners and nice style to talk with 'us'.
But , Hey, u proved to me that I shouldn't be sad and mad that some Muslims have no civilised way to deal with 'others'. u r the great example here to let others see how Christian can be RUDE too!!
Thank u so much :)
At least, brother, I rediscover and use my brain to find the truth, how about u dear?!
I don't even consider that Bin Laden as a Muslim, but he is a loyal agent for Bush, bcos every time he appear, he support BUSH somehow, I really good watcher for politics!
i wish that the "cleaning-aid product" can be pour into ur head to clean it,
i pray to GOD to help u and lit ur way.

5/04/2006 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noor: the anonymous is clearly no Christian, else he'd understand what the "cleaning-aid product" is, and not call u a religions moron.

In my wiev, having a religion is reading the same book and doing the same things that other ppl of the same religion do. Faith is a light that shines thru u, it's more than religion. I believe this "heaven's light" shines on everybody, but not all can see it.

What do you think ?

5/04/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Ignoramus: thank u sooooo much, u lit a smile on my face, i was really upset by this anonymous, who couldn’t see and read with his mind and heart my personal view, i was honest when i admit that i lived without any goals and no one pushed me to do anything, i just tried to read and see by myself, i found out that Islam orders us to be good and nice and help others no matter who they r just for the sake of GOD, without waiting material rewards. i really feel sad when people say "that religion taught people to be violent,, while there is nothing of this in Islam" and no one try to get close and read by him/her self, and yes, when i decided to open a blog, i chose this title carefully as i said to my friends "Heaven's lights", lights that GOD sent it to all of us, i meant by that all good things, started by the Holy books and messengers of GOD till any simple grace cover us, i didn't said that, but i thought it is clear to anyone. i got more willingness to keep going and I'm so grateful for ur tender sweet comment. And sorry, I think u r right, he is not Christian, he doesn't deserve to be in any religion.

5/05/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

One of the good things that Islam taught me is to admit if I did wrong, and to say sorry no matter what, I was nice and tender girl, but my 'ego' was so strong inside me, I learnt to control my ego a little bit.

5/05/2006 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it works both ways: u can find peace and love in ur religion, but if you take the "left hand path" u can find justification for being evil.....
200 years ago ppl of Europe and America found justification for slavery in the Bible !

So, it's not Islam/Christianity/Whatever that makes you a good person, but the way u use it.

5/06/2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Noor Al-Amal said...

Ignoramus/the other person: thank u, it's true, each one of us take the path of his/her own choice, and religions-usually- designed to help us choose the good path not the evil path. but we find some people try to cut some verses or sayings from the religion (which serve their interests) as a justification for any evil act, and that's what we must understand it and do something about it wisely.

5/07/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger prashant said...

you are not muslim....you are human being that is all...muslim,hindu,christian all are just to make you human...it does not make difference by what method or ideology you become more human.

11/02/2011 1:58 AM  
Blogger ashfaque said...

hey...i dont know so much about islam but i realy feel good to hear your thougts..hope everyone can understand islamic importants.

5/06/2012 2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home